POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW UPDATES : Re: LOTW UPDATES Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW UPDATES
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Jun 2004 17:36:31
Message: <40df3ddf$1@news.povray.org>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:
> Hi all
>
> more images using the second texture pack for the LOTW. I've also made
> some changes to the source code to make it easier to use, as well as
> adding some light groups. The trees are from Gilles Tran's makecloud
> code.  Full source code posted to PBSF.

   This is evolving really good. I like the boulders, specially the
scattering on the previous update... I must add this feature to my LOTW.

   For the trees I'm using cheap isosurfaces with double_illuminate,
wich works decently, but it's not really good for the near terrain.
Yours are perhaps suffering from fog interaction with media containers?

   I'm downloading your last zip, to see what more ideas I can borrow. :)

--
Jaime