POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) : Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 26 Jun 2004 19:50:52
Message: <40de0bdc$1@news.povray.org>
> > This reminds me of my Glare-Include I've written a while ago. What I did
was
> > to render the scene with Black-Textures and Specular-Highlights only,
then
> > calculate the position for the Glare-Image in-scene. Using
average-pattern,
> > I blurred the image a little and thus got me the glaring effect.
>

> That would be perfect for ocean scenes and rolex scenes :) I can't
> imagine lining the image up 'in scene' though... sounds very difficult.
> Can you post a link to an example of your technique?

It's in my Download-Section:
http://www.nolights.de/download.html#Glare Macros

What I do is just a little arithmetic: take the camera's location and
look_at (along with right, up, and sky) and calculate the viewing frustrum
from that. Place a quad (two triangles) in the line of sight with the
described image_map-function, and there you go! You can have a look at the
source if you like. But linking to my Download-Section should imply that.
;-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>