POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW UPDATES : Re: LOTW UPDATES Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:08:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW UPDATES
From: Rune
Date: 26 Jun 2004 06:56:19
Message: <40dd5653$1@news.povray.org>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:
> I'm using totally different code for these trees.
> I'm still not sure if I'll stick with them. I know
> they're too dark but I had this uncontrollable urge
> to post something this weekend.

Oh, but I thought that unless you simply copy-and-pasted the tree-code
into the scene right before the final render, you must have had some
indication of the darkness of the trees before this image was rendered?
Never mind, I'm nit-picking...

> The previous trees were mesh files created with
> Gena's java povtree. Ultimately I hope to have any
> mesh tree generated directly from within the LOTW
> code. I'm currently playing around with a modified
> version of tomtree.inc that will write a tree
> definition out to a temporary file so that any
> high res render will not have to recalculate the
> tree definition.

That sound good.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Apr 27**