POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ani WIP: Clouds : Ani WIP: Clouds Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:08:47 EDT (-0400)
  Ani WIP: Clouds
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 26 Jun 2004 00:10:23
Message: <40dcf72f@news.povray.org>
Now rendering:

Sunrise with clouds..

This was inspired by Tek's sunrise animation using scattering media. It's
amazing how the clouds really bring out the orange and yellow tones in the
image..

Right now, the clouds are a bit rough.. I've noticed quite a lot of
artifacting when the clouds are in the distance. I created a macro to
generate "cumulus-like" cloud patters using Granite as the pattern function.
I'd like to expand my library to having some cirrus, stratus, and perhaps
cumulonimbus.. but for now, the puffy little things with silver lining are
enough ;)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mediasky.jpg' (9 KB)