POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) : Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg)
From: Shay
Date: 25 Jun 2004 15:27:59
Message: <40dc7cbf@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:

> Hello everyone. Today I made a scene file which
 > takes an image and applies a 'bloom' effect to
 > the bright parts.

Did you do this by rendering a grayscale map with something like [.5 rgb
0][.5 rgb 1] blurring the map, and then combining the blur, the original
map, and the original image? (hope that made sense)

...or, is this a one-step process? For the record, I don't see anything
procedural/repeatable as unacceptable post-processing.

  -Shay