POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Laying in the Grass on a Summer's day : Re: Laying in the Grass on a Summer's day Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:04:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laying in the Grass on a Summer's day
From: SomeOne
Date: 22 Jun 2004 14:14:12
Message: <40d876f4$1@news.povray.org>
"Florian Brucker" <tor### [at] torfboldcom> schreef in bericht

| > Your opinions please
|
| Nice perspective! Here are some ideas:
|
| - some more grass (a second layer, looking like dead grass, often helps
| a lot)
|
| - the bark could use at least a normal (an isosurface would perhaps be
| the best (and slowest) way to go)
|
| - some clouds and - a sun :)

Thanks.
 I really like the perspective too. Especially the blade of grass in the front
and the tree in the back have a real nice perspective. And to think that blade
got there by chance!
The grass is supposed to show a fold down the middle. I guess, the colouring
scheme needs some tuning there. Also the blades show some unnatural bending (a
series of angles; as can be seen on some blades).
I agree that the scene needs some clouds. I want to go for the odd Cumulus (it
*is* supposed to be a summer's day), so I'm looking for a good clouds include
file.
In this scene the sun is behind the observer (to the right). I think adding a
sun in front would make it a bit too synthetic.

--
Maurice