POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity and textures? : Re: radiosity and textures? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:07:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity and textures?
From: Bill Hails
Date: 22 Jun 2004 03:08:07
Message: <40d7dad7@news.povray.org>
Apache wrote:

> Try to avoid any ambient values in texture, unless you deliberately want
> to use ambient parts of the scene for lighting purposes.

Yes, thanks, I already have ambient 0 for that texture. However
I'm puzzled as to why the red/brown center pigment of the smooth
part of the texture is that much more prominent with radiosity
turned on?
In any case I've re-ordered the pigment map to avoid that artefact.

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/