POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : To Thomas A. M. de Groot : Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot Server Time
18 May 2024 11:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jun 2004 03:05:04
Message: <40d3e5a0@news.povray.org>
"leseur sylvain" <syl### [at] potar-hurlantcom> schreef in bericht
> >Of course you can!
> >Be aware however that it is very crude! it would be nice if some more
> >automatic control was put in, for instance:
> >- scaling, rotating, warping of the functions or patterns;
> >- a nice long list of all the kind of functions you could use, and the
> >patterns of course;
> >- the different ways in which the functions could interact with each
other;

> Can you give me some samples because i'm not a "pro".
> In fact i wish build something serious and funny, with trees, roads
> elephant, gnou, ape, ...  etc etc on the surface of this LandScape_gene
> object. No, it's a joke of course !
> But "I have a dream" a Magnet/object plugin to push or pull some parts of
> all objects like i need. Ex: A LandScape_gene object, and with this
> Magnet we can trace roads, river, hills etc...
> No magnet in 3dsMax, Maya etc etc ... Curious... I don't know a soft who
> have a magnet except Poser. But it's a good idea. No ? It seem to me that
> it's not so hard for a pro.

I am certainly not a 'pro', you know! still struggling with a lot of basic
concepts.
I shall post in moray.binaries a zip with four different scenes with which I
have been experimenting. They are different landscapes where you can change
some of the parameters.
magnets... I have not tried it, but Wings3D seems to have magnets too...

> >I am currently experimenting a bit to make geologically acceptable
> >landscapes. Nothing like LOTW, though.
> Great! Can we see something or help you ?
> I have a very good "souvenir" of my work with Pilippes Gibone
> on SeaShell.lua.

Yes, I should post a few on p.b.i. I suppose...

Thomas