POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - Spires : First post - Spires Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:56:02 EDT (-0400)
  First post - Spires
From: Tim Bates
Date: 18 Jun 2004 09:01:27
Message: <40d2e7a7@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
This is my first "published" POV-Ray image. As such, although I consider
it finished I'm looking for comments and pointers on how I could do
things better next time, on anything that comes to mind - colour,
composition, subject matter, whatever. I'm not much of a graphic artist,
so the more help the better. :)

This image was inspired by the images that Shay has published to this
newsgroup recently. I was playing around trying to get the same "drawn
in ink" look and it just grew from there. I think I've succeeded to a
certain degree, although the JPEG compression spoils it slightly but I
wasn't sure what file types or size is considered polite on this
newsgroup and everyone else seems to use JPEG.

I understand that the standard first post image is a CSOCP, but to make
that interesting one has to be better at texturing than I am at present;
pointers to any good tutorials on making realistic textures gratefully
accepted.

Tim.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: