POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : photons and sunpos.inc : Re: photons and sunpos.inc Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons and sunpos.inc
From: Hughes, B
Date: 14 Jun 2004 20:43:00
Message: <40ce4614$1@news.povray.org>
Now that I've thought about it and retried your scene file (less the
fountain object and image map) I had realized I might be using too small a
photon 'spacing' value for something with a global media, even though I had
already used spacing 0.5 before. I just haven't used photons and global
media together much myself, not that I could remember anyway.

So... out of the decimal places for spacing and into greater than one or the
tens and hundreds instead. I found it would be okay then if spacing 10, or
more, is used. Not too sure if it'll do what you need though. 'count'
refuses to accept a number and store the photon map, so I don't know if it's
simply unusable with global media. Someone else might know.

Anyway, looks like there could be a problem (or limitation in the sense of
taking too much computational power to be feasible for the average user)
with the combination of global media and photons I wasn't aware of... or
don't recall anything about it to pass on to you.

Bob H.