POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possible Radiosity Bug w/3.6? : Re: Possible Radiosity Bug w/3.6? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Radiosity Bug w/3.6?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 14 Jun 2004 01:30:52
Message: <40cd380c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm back again.

A real puzzle to me. I've tried a test scene that refuses to do the same
kind of thing even after adding in your orange juice object macros and
radiosity. It has one area light and one spotlight, with the spotlight being
located on the surface of a plane. Nothing... all okay.

So then I added your lights and the problem appears. Commented the three
spotlights out and it was okay again, then let only one spotlight exist and
still was okay. When two or three were used the problem reappeared. But
that's not the end of the story. I tried my own three spotlights, only
located closer spaced in the x axis and placed on the z axis but kept at
y=10 where the y plane also exists. Nothing wrong again. Really strange.
They all have the same radius falloff and tightness, no different from each
other in that regard, only their vectors (location and point_at) are
different.

Needless to say, I don't know what to tell you beyond that.

Bob H.