POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possible Radiosity Bug w/3.6? : Re: Possible Radiosity Bug w/3.6? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible Radiosity Bug w/3.6?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 13 Jun 2004 05:53:53
Message: <40cc2431$1@news.povray.org>
Hmmmmm. Wish I knew the real reason for the change but it manifests itself
somehow in the position of the lights and adaptive value of the area lights.

To see what I mean, try dividing the first light's position vector by 1.1,
which will be <-15, 45, -35>/1.1. Also give it adaptive 2 instead of 0.
Change the three under-cabinet spotlight positions so that they are at y=9
and z=4, x remaining same.
Make the second area light adaptive 2, as well.

In your posted scene script you had put a max_trace_level 200 at the top, it
belongs in the global_settings block but I found it wasn't needed to see the
supposed solution.

Looks like the second box in the union of the CounterBody object ends up
with its lowest side where those three under-counter lights were (are), so
you'll need to watch out for those kinds of alignments. The coincident
surfaces phenomenon tends to include lights and camera at object surfaces.

Bob H.