POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted : Re: walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 11 Jun 2004 01:33:05
Message: <40c94411$1@news.povray.org>
> I think the mass of numbers approach would be quite limiting. You
> would have to re-formulate for every new type of motion. Would you
> not? IMO, IK is the way to go. Using splines for the end points

well IK could be used with this mass of numbers... but you're right that it's
way to restrictive. But it has tought me a lot about the subtleties of the
movement. e.g. he actually moves slightly from side to side as he walks, to
shift his weight onto either foot. It's hardly noticeable from this angle, but
it makes a huge difference to how natural the movement looks.

> I've finished my scene just trying to find a good POV. That's Point of
> View not a new version :-}

Good for you! I'm close to giving up on this round, I just won't have time. I
was at my "day" job 'til 10pm tonight, and this weekend I'm moving house! If I'm
lucky I might get maybe 20 hours more on this before the deadline :(

Still, I won't give up on the character animation system, I can use that in any
animation.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com