POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract Cube : Re: Abstract Cube Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract Cube
From: Hughes, B
Date: 10 Jun 2004 17:34:01
Message: <40c8d3c9$1@news.povray.org>
"Budgery" <bud### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> "Shay" <rrr.rrr.r> wrote:
> > "Budgery" <bud### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> >
> > Too messy now, IMO. Too much blur, and the second shape and out cutout
> > of the first detract from the best part of the picture, that part being
> > the texture on the cube sides.
>
> I agree to a certain extent.  I'm going to take out the smaller cube, and
> maybe tone down the blur a little bit...

I'm with Raf256... I like this one too. The sense of it dissolving yet
holding together, and the piece somehow cleanly removed while also looking
torn away. Only thing I didn't think at first was how the other cube might
be the missing corner section. I considered that to be a second whole or
partial cube in the background, so something about it didn't lead me to
believe it was falling away. I'd have thought them to be eventually
converging instead. Of course, you never said what it was doing anyhow.

It's a great 'conversation piece' type of rendering.

Bob H.