POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted : Re: walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 10 Jun 2004 03:14:55
Message: <40c80a6f@news.povray.org>
So do you mean that you have a heirarchy of transforms, so if you change the arm
transform the hand moves, or are the transforms independant but calculated by
your IK to make sure the parts meet up?

Conventional animation systems have a bone hierarchy, but I'm curious as to
whether it might be worth trying something different. My system at the moment is
too simple to need transforms, it just uses independently positioned joints,
hence the stretchy limbs. A little IK will be the next stage, so I need to start
thinking about hierarchies or whatever...

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com