POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Last attempt - and an improved animation. (~590kb) : Re: Last attempt - and an improved animation. (~590kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Last attempt - and an improved animation. (~590kb)
From: Hughes, B
Date: 8 Jun 2004 00:46:45
Message: <40c544b5$1@news.povray.org>
"Ricky Reusser" <no_### [at] nowherecom> wrote in message

> Here's my attempt at the 'Visual Simulation of Smoke' paper (google it!).
> have just about everything in place - vorticity confinement, a conjugate
> gradient solver, the semi-lagrangian scheme with cubic interpolation, but
> the obvious next step is to add a third dimension.

I take it that this is using semitransparency then? Your animations haven't
shown it against a background so I kept thinking of it as pigments going
from white (or gray) to black. Oh wait, that origin dot would be obscured by
darker parts if that were true.

It's a fascinating thing to see rendered from POV, even if not made from
within it entirely. People are going to want to see this interact with
objects, I know I sure do, like Tim was saying. Maybe could be used for
aerodynamics simulations, etc.!

Bob H.