POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some snow : Re: Some snow Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some snow
From: ZeSly
Date: 5 Jun 2004 07:49:21
Message: <40c1b341$1@news.povray.org>

news:40c06ebc$1@news.povray.org...
> It looks very nice! Nice modelling with the house, too.

Thanks !

> 1) The snowy "mountains" in the horizon looks bad. I'm sure you know that.

Yes, I know that :-) But what I don't know is how to improve it. Using real
data for the height_field does not help.

> 2) The trees are too uniform. Add some variation if you have enough memory
> resources.

There is only one tree model, rotated and scaled randomly. I'll try to use
more models.

> 3) Take another look at some reference photos of showy places in sunshine.
> As you know, textures, colours, and lighting can make a scene
breathtakingly
> beautiful... One thing I've noticed about your image, is the colours. The
> show is grey although the sky is blue. Normally, the show will reflect
this
> blueish colour (mostly in the shadows).

You're right. I've tried to increase the gray_threshold of the radiosity but
I have to adjust the color of the sky.

--
ZeSly
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/