POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted : walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  walking (not dancing). suggestions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 5 Jun 2004 03:13:25
Message: <40c17295@news.povray.org>
Okay, well with little over a month to go to the deadline for the current IRTC
round, I have managed to get a character that walks. Wow! uh... yeah... I've not
been able to spend as much time povving as I'd like to, but I still think I can
get this into some kind of nice animation for the competition deadline.

Anyway, that's not the point of this post. I'm also planning on developing this
into some kind of comprehensive pov-based character animation system, primarily
for my own use but if it's good then I'll gladly share it!

So, what I'd like is suggestions on where to go from here. At present the
character is animated using positions of base points (hands, feet, and waist),
which are currently following a collection of sine curves. I'm thinking the
things to look at immediately are:
1/ using splines to animate the control points
2/ adding joints to those stretchy limbs
3/ getting him to do something more interesting, like dancing maybe!

I'd really appreciate your suggestions on what else could be improved, what
things look good and what doesn't, and just generally any ideas you folks have
for where I should take this.

Thanks in advance,
--
Tek