POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.5 for AmigaOS : Re: Bah. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:47:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bah.
From: Dan P
Date: 3 Jun 2004 19:20:18
Message: <40bfb232$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <40bebe43$1@news.povray.org> , Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom>
> wrote:
>
>>Those warnings bug me, so I'm going to fix them. As a rule, I use
>>floor() and cast it to an int when I'm going from a double to an
>>integer. I think that is the default behavior anyway so I'm going to add
>>the necessary code to make it compile cleanly (at least, on this platform).
>

> Argh!  Don't do something like that, it is plain wrong!  If you compiler
> issues nonsensical warnings, the right thing to do is to disable them, not
> to destroy your source code!
>
>     Thorsten

Warnings warn you of when your code may behave differently on other OS's
as well. I'm not saying that is true in this case -- it makes sense not
to call another function there if we don't have to -- but I didn't think
it was "nonsensical".

Oh, and if your code was so damn good, TF, it wouldn't have crashed
using a straight-up clean compile on this OS so step-off.

--
Respectfully,          "Leave it to the coward to make a religion
Dan P            of his cowardice by preaching humility."