POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP #3) : "A Rose" got Accepted! :-) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  "A Rose" got Accepted! :-)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 3 Jun 2004 12:40:17
Message: <40bf5471@news.povray.org>
So, today I've given my girlfriend the image as a present, nicely framed and
signed. For the last two weeks, I've been telling her that I don't know what
to give her, so she was quiet stumped to actually get something, and then to
see what it was. She knows how long some of my images can take to make and
to render.

Her first look wasn't really reassuring, as she thought that the edgy-rose
had some deeper meaning (which it didn't, it was meant to be a ceramic/metal
rose, also to hide the fact that in order to create a realistic rose, I
should have begun like a year ago or so). We had been going through some
troubled times lately and she thought the edgy-rose was to say that
everything has its edges.

Anyways, after that initial hump and explaining that there was no "deeper"
meaning like *that* (aside that a rose is the flower of love) she was glad
and really happy to have her own image. As I anticipated, she loved the
clouds and the columns, but she also noticed that the rose is really big in
comparison to the background... Something to keep in mind for the next time.

Anyways, thanks to all you guys giving suggestions and comments and such, I
surely wouldn't have achieved as much in the short time without your
feedback.

Regards,
Tim

--