POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still Life with Limes III (WIP) : Re: Still Life with Limes III (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still Life with Limes III (WIP)
From: Alain
Date: 2 Jun 2004 17:22:37
Message: <40be451d$1@news.povray.org>
Ross nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/06/02 12:40... :

>"Alain" <aze### [at] qwertygov> wrote in message
>

>>Ross Litscher nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/06/01 06:55... :

>incorporated

>one.

>perfect.

>>>much better limes. the floor texture looks like it has less of a normal
>>>

>this
>

>>>time. I like the version 2 floor better. maybe it's due to the change i
>>>camera placement though.
>>>
>>>I wonder how you could make the shadows of the limes to be the
>>>

>complimentary
>

>>>color, like cezanne did so often in his still lifes.
>>>

>>A light_source with the projected_through property. Make a second
>>no_image copy of your object, flaten it perpendicular to the light,
>>locate it a bit behind the main object and have the project_through
>>light coincide with your primary light. Give that light the colour you
>>want for the shadow, like bright red.
>>
>>Alain
>>

>cool. i've never played with those features. thanks for the tip. i'm not
>sure why you have to flatten the no_image copy. i guess i'll wait and see
>when i get home :)
>
>can multiple "projected_through { OBJECT }" statements be inside a
>light_source,

don't know... but

> or would i have to declare a union {...} around all the
>objects i want to use?

Puting all objects in an union will make it simpler for you, less
chances to make errors. It can also reduce memory use.

> Also, i'm curious why no_image is neccesary (again,
>i've never used it). projected_through documentation states, "Any textures
>or interiors on the object will be stripped and the object will not show up
>in the scene."

OK, I forgot about that bit of information. So, you don't need to add
the "no_image" as it's added by the projected_through.

>of course, this all may become obvious later when i try it out.

If you don't flaten the object, it can cause the projected_through light
to shine on some part of the visible object if those are behind any part
of the one used to do the projection. You may also keep only those
components that are the most away from the light_source.

Alain