POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.5 for AmigaOS : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 for AmigaOS Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:45:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 for AmigaOS
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 2 Jun 2004 13:42:00
Message: <40be1168$1@news.povray.org>
> I'll be either break some legalities or be re-inventing
> the wheel

	Probably both would not be a problem, but the best remains
checking povlegal.doc and google  :-)

> The following link is not linked off the main site:
> http://<broken link>/amiga/povray.shtml

	The status shows you're currently fixing the code to work
with gcc/g++ 3.3.  Could you mention precisely what you have/had
to fix ?  Since the source code of POV-Ray 3.6 will be released
within a few weeks and that it is know to compile with gcc 3.3.x
and 3.4.0 on various platforms, it'd be worth waiting a bit longer
before tweaking a two-years-old code.
	As mentioned on the www.povray.org/beta page, the UNIX
source distribution will be beta-tested, most likely starting this
month.  If you are willing to test it, I'd be glad to see what the
reworked build system could give on the AmigaOS  :-)

	- NC