POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still Life with Limes III (WIP) : Re: Still Life with Limes III (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:10:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still Life with Limes III (WIP)
From: Ross
Date: 2 Jun 2004 12:40:42
Message: <40be030a$1@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <aze### [at] qwertygov> wrote in message
> Ross Litscher nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/06/01 06:55... :
>
> >Aaron Gillies wrote:
> >

> >>POV folks:
> >>
> >>Here is the latest iteration on my limes still life.  I have
incorporated
> >>the suggestions that I got from the last couple of postings into this
one.
> >>The limes are a better color and shape, although the shape is not
perfect.
> >>I toned down the vivid red in the ceramic pot.  I think I'm making some
> >>progress ...
> >>

> >much better limes. the floor texture looks like it has less of a normal
this
> >time. I like the version 2 floor better. maybe it's due to the change i
> >camera placement though.
> >
> >I wonder how you could make the shadows of the limes to be the
complimentary
> >color, like cezanne did so often in his still lifes.
> >

> A light_source with the projected_through property. Make a second
> no_image copy of your object, flaten it perpendicular to the light,
> locate it a bit behind the main object and have the project_through
> light coincide with your primary light. Give that light the colour you
> want for the shadow, like bright red.
>
> Alain

cool. i've never played with those features. thanks for the tip. i'm not
sure why you have to flatten the no_image copy. i guess i'll wait and see
when i get home :)

can multiple "projected_through { OBJECT }" statements be inside a
light_source, or would i have to declare a union {...} around all the
objects i want to use? Also, i'm curious why no_image is neccesary (again,
i've never used it). projected_through documentation states, "Any textures
or interiors on the object will be stripped and the object will not show up
in the scene."

of course, this all may become obvious later when i try it out.