POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still Life with Limes III (WIP) : Re: Still Life with Limes III (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still Life with Limes III (WIP)
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jun 2004 18:31:03
Message: <40bd03a7@news.povray.org>
Ross Litscher nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/06/01 06:55... :

>Aaron Gillies wrote:
>

>>POV folks:
>>
>>Here is the latest iteration on my limes still life.  I have incorporated
>>the suggestions that I got from the last couple of postings into this one.
>>The limes are a better color and shape, although the shape is not perfect.
>>I toned down the vivid red in the ceramic pot.  I think I'm making some
>>progress ...
>>

>much better limes. the floor texture looks like it has less of a normal this
>time. I like the version 2 floor better. maybe it's due to the change i
>camera placement though.
>
>I wonder how you could make the shadows of the limes to be the complimentary
>color, like cezanne did so often in his still lifes.

A light_source with the projected_through property. Make a second
no_image copy of your object, flaten it perpendicular to the light,
locate it a bit behind the main object and have the project_through
light coincide with your primary light. Give that light the colour you
want for the shadow, like bright red.

Alain