POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saucer full of Secrets : Re: Saucer full of Secrets Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saucer full of Secrets
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 30 May 2004 15:19:18
Message: <40ba33b6@news.povray.org>
>>It's my dad's birthday tomorrow - so I thought I'd use POV-Ray to
>>construct an interpretation of the title of one of my favourite Pink
>>Floud albums. (My dad likes Floyd too - and this image is now on his
>>birthday card.)
>>

> Aaah Sid Barret's era...

I'll take your word for it. :-)
(I suppose I could go check the sleave notes, couldn't I?)

> Nice idea

Thanx.

As I say, it's supposed to be a spilt cup of tea, which "something"
freaky happening in the saucer. But you probably wouldn't know it from
the picture... *sigh*

> For the tea, it looks like it has a filtering pigment.

Yup.

> Did you try a completely transparent pigment (transmit 1) and interior with
> a fade_color?

Nope. But maybe I should...

> Most liquids have no surface pigment but an interior color which grows with
> the thickness.

Yes - especially something like tea which is a suspension...

> I'd lower specular roughness as well

Yeah, I think it is perhaps a little too shiny...

What do you make of the texture of the cup?

> Happy birthday to your dad :)

Thanx :-)

Andrew @ home.