POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saucer full of Secrets : Re: Saucer full of Secrets Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saucer full of Secrets
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 30 May 2004 11:33:58
Message: <40b9fee6@news.povray.org>

40b9d532@news.povray.org...
> It's my dad's birthday tomorrow - so I thought I'd use POV-Ray to
> construct an interpretation of the title of one of my favourite Pink
> Floud albums. (My dad likes Floyd too - and this image is now on his
> birthday card.)

Aaah Sid Barret's era...
Nice idea
For the tea, it looks like it has a filtering pigment.
Did you try a completely transparent pigment (transmit 1) and interior with
a fade_color?
Most liquids have no surface pigment but an interior color which grows with
the thickness.
I'd lower specular roughness as well

Happy birthday to your dad :)

Marc