POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saucer full of Secrets : Re: Saucer full of Secrets Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saucer full of Secrets
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 30 May 2004 08:57:03
Message: <40b9da1f$1@news.povray.org>
> It's my dad's birthday tomorrow - so I thought I'd use POV-Ray to
> construct an interpretation of the title of one of my favourite Pink
> Floud albums. (My dad likes Floyd too - and this image is now on his
> birthday card.)

I don't know much about Pink Floyd and their album's, so I've got no clue
what you're after. But I'll try and help some with the technical stuff:

The spilt tea is just to thick. Make it much thinner, with proper relation
in thickness to the cup. Some more drops, formed to show some sort of
puddle, might do some wonders as well, rather than just two cylindrical
drops. Perhaps you'd want to use a particle system for it, there's Rune's
and mine.

The saucer, well I'm not sure what you're after with that one, so I can't
comment much on that. As for the wood: try using a repeat-warp to simulate
some tiling, add some black-hole warps for branch-holes. Rotate the plane so
that the wood-grain doesn't run along an axis.

Keep it up!

Regards,
Tim

--