POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saucer full of Secrets : Saucer full of Secrets Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Saucer full of Secrets
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 30 May 2004 08:36:02
Message: <40b9d532@news.povray.org>
It's my dad's birthday tomorrow - so I thought I'd use POV-Ray to
construct an interpretation of the title of one of my favourite Pink
Floud albums. (My dad likes Floyd too - and this image is now on his
birthday card.)

The resulting image isn't nearly as cool as I'd hoped. The spilt tea
doesn't look like tea - or even particularly like a liquid. The saucer
took me many hours to create, but doesn't look much like any saucer I've
ever seen. I'm quite pleased with the cup. (Maybe should have put some
gaps in that ring round the base...) And the black bit in the center was
supposed to be like a glowing space nebula... or... something. But
actually it just looks daft. (Oh, and the wood texture sucks.)

Anyone else have any comments?

Andrew @ home.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: