POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP #3) : Re: A Rose (Final Preview) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rose (Final Preview)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 30 May 2004 06:55:26
Message: <40b9bd9e@news.povray.org>
So, thanks for all the suggestions and comments, but now the image has a
wrap and is considered done. I'm rendering it now at 3200x2400, roughly
100dpcm ("dots per centimeter", that's not an "official" abbreviation I
suppose, but I didn't want to convert from inches to cm :-).

That will be sufficient for the color-laser-printer I'll be using to make a
small Poster out of it. This image is the preview I rendered with less
media-intervals to check if all switches and values were set correctly
before I fire the final render, so the horizontal bands in the clouds are
due to 25 intervals instead of 75 for the final. The preview of 512x384, no
AA, rendered at 15 minutes on 2.4Ghz, 768 MB RAM, Win2000.

Anyways, before the bids for source etc begin: like "Gerberas", this image
is supposed to be a unique item, and though it'll get a "Making Of" on my
site, I won't upload the source or a very large image for desktops or prints
for just that uniqueness reason. I will, however, provide details on how
certain effects were achieved in the "Making of", you'll just have to write
the code yourself. :-)

Kind regards, thanks for all the help on this one,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>