POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP #2) : Re: A Rose (WIP #2) - Lightbeams Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rose (WIP #2) - Lightbeams
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 28 May 2004 20:23:02
Message: <40b7d7e6@news.povray.org>
Here is a lightbeams test I rendered while working. Made of a true
media-object for light-interaction, along with the cone-structure to
simulate the direct sunlight and glare, it is clearly visible that the
columns don't throw as nice shadows as one might expect. I'll have a quick
go at the mesh-technique once I get some other issues settled, as I believe
that the lightbeams would be supplementary to the image, but not a
requirement. More like an icing on the cake.

But first, the cake has to be finished... :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"