POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP #2) : Re: A Rose (WIP #2) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:08:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rose (WIP #2)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 28 May 2004 15:16:09
Message: <40b78ff9@news.povray.org>
> Bring back some of the focus to [the Rose].

Yes, noticed that as well. Didn't have to time to fiddle much with it, so I
just posted the most recent version I had completed. I'll work on that.

> Finally, you might consider adding subtle sunbeam effects to where the
light
> is streaming in through the pillars.

The sunbeam is actually a scattering media on a cone, so if there'd be
lightbeams, some of them should show up. I've also had some experiments with
haze to create the effect your mentioning (beams of light between the
columns), but that didn't work out, the effect was way too strong and
saturated the entire image too much. I'll give it a go with that mesh-idea,
I've used that in older pictures as well and have a little experience with
it. Maybe that'll create a better effect than realistic haze...

> Nice job.

Thank you!

Regards,
Tim