POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : breaking waves : Re: breaking waves Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: breaking waves
From: Alain
Date: 27 May 2004 15:20:17
Message: <40b63f71$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/27
13:30... :

> After Marc Jacquier's impressive lighthouse images i also tried some
> new things concerning breaking waves, here are the results:
>
> http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/pov/water/waves_tst.html
>
> To get the foam look right is quite difficult, the structure of a real
> wave is quite complicated when you have a close look.  And to keep the
> render time reasonable (5-10 hours for these tests without radiosity)
> i did not use scattering media so it probably looks much too 'glassy'.
>
> There is surely a lot of room for tweaks, especially directly at the
> water line but every additional feature slows down the whole render...
>
> Christoph

Looks like waves interacting with a strong counter wind whiping the foam
up and back. I actualy saw some photos of and real, right before me,
waves showing prety much what your render does, in fact, without the
text saying otherwise, your images can pass as photos.

Alain