POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP - Update) : Re: A Rose (WIP - Update) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rose (WIP - Update)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 May 2004 12:05:30
Message: <40b611ca$1@news.povray.org>
> if you like the "open air" feeling i would give image more depth. for
> example with an vulcano in background. or a castle on an island with
> same pillow theme.

Hm, interesting thoughts. But I rather wanted to focus on the Rose, rather
than create some detailed background. The current backdrop provides enough
detail to look nice and enhance the background, but doesn't call for
attention. Additionally, I don't have much time left, and I'd rather have
something realistic renderingwise, than actual realism in the scene.

> it is an outdoor scene with a bright sun (maybe with a different
> color?), so i would leave away radiosity.

I've tried that. Now that I'm onto a more sunset setting, radiosity adds
that touch of color which is needed for realism. I was able to lower the
level of detail on the radiosity though with using a saving/loading step
which I've also described on my webpage.

Regards,
Tim
--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"