POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP - Update) : Re: A Rose (WIP - Update) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rose (WIP - Update)
From: marabou
Date: 27 May 2004 03:07:25
Message: <40b593ad@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> I still want to add some thorns and a leaf or two to the Rose, and
> I'm wondering if I should put something in the sky. I do like the
> "open air" feeling this has though.

if you like the "open air" feeling i would give image more depth. for
example with an vulcano in background. or a castle on an island with
same pillow theme.
personally i would lift up camera, put the rose on a socket and create
a sunset with a nice orange sun on horizon. (if i would know how to
create a sun...)

> I'm not too sure if Radiosity is actually worth it in this image,
> I'll have to do a few tests with three-point lighting or such to see
> if I can improve the rendertime. I'd need to raytrace it somewhat
> larger to print it, and time is getting short...

it is an outdoor scene with a bright sun (maybe with a different
color?), so i would leave away radiosity.