POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rose (WIP - Update) : A Rose (WIP - Update) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  A Rose (WIP - Update)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 26 May 2004 18:13:14
Message: <40b5167a@news.povray.org>
So, this is where I've come these last days. Had to spend quiet some time at
work, preparing the movie "Day after Tomorrow" to show in our theatre. Few
know that the movie gets shipped in several parts, which have to be cut and
glued together...

Anyways, this gave the opportunity to do this 5 hour render (at 1024x768).
There are some aliasing artifacts due to the two lines of columns, even
though I'm using the adaptive antialiasing method 2. Perhaps I'll have to
modify the distribution a little to avoid too many columns lining up on a
single column of pixels...

I still want to add some thorns and a leaf or two to the Rose, and I'm
wondering if I should put something in the sky. I do like the "open air"
feeling this has though.

I'm not too sure if Radiosity is actually worth it in this image, I'll have
to do a few tests with three-point lighting or such to see if I can improve
the rendertime. I'd need to raytrace it somewhat larger to print it, and
time is getting short...

As always, comments and suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"