POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisty Wires and long sparks. : Re: Twisty Wires and long sparks. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:33:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisty Wires and long sparks.
From: Ben Udal
Date: 23 May 2004 03:19:45
Message: <40b05091$1@news.povray.org>
Dave VanHorn wrote:
> "Ben Udal" <ben### [at] niftythingsorg> wrote in message
>
>>A Marx Generator!
>>I'm trying to build a small one of those myself.  There are some good
>>pictures at Mike's Eletric Stuff
>>
>>http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/marxthree.html
>

> So what do you think of my images?
>
> The real caps on hand, are 0.05uF 10kV, but I can buy larger from a chinese
> supplier.

Your "Big Whopping Sparks" image is looking really nice.  The spark
technique you've used creates a very pleasing effect.  The only thing
that's really bothering me is the plexiglass material.  The numerous
reflections made it hard for me to figure what exactly I was looking at.
  But other than that, you've made some excellent progress and I look
forward to seeing the final image.

Heh, your caps are considerably larger than mine.  I settled on 0.0047uF
10kV ones for my design and they were expensive enough as it is :)  If
you don't mind me asking, where did you get your caps.  Larger ones
might be useful in the future and they're harder to find than most
components.

-Ben