POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new here : Re: new here Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new here
From: St
Date: 20 May 2004 15:43:28
Message: <40ad0a60@news.povray.org>
Hi Juliette! Welcome to povray!  :o)
  "juliette" <me### [at] nothomecom> wrote in message
  and almost new to Povray too...

     Stay with it, it's great!

  >I use HamaPatch to build a scene, but cannot build in povray..

    There's nothing wrong with this. PovRay isn't specifically a
modeling program, it's a highly sophisticated rendering program -
famed for its texture applications, (and loads of other applications),
and of course, rendering. I used sPatch for quite a while and couldn't
get on with Hamapatch, but now I use Wings 3D, it's free and an
excellent modeling program.

     Stick to what you feel comfortable with.

  >this is one of my first renders..all is hamapatch/povray except the
flower

     Well, excellent start. You 'could' do that vase in pov using SOR
(Surface of Revolution), or a 'lathe' structure,  look those words up
in the docs. The docs are *very* helpful, but also ask your questions
in the community - povray.general or povray.newusers are the best
places.

      Best wishes and keep posting your images! There's more help here
than you'll ever need!  :o)

        ~Steve~

  juliette
  www.bodhi-creations.com