POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shoe study : Re: shoe study Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shoe study
From: Ross
Date: 20 May 2004 15:14:02
Message: <40ad037a$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> If you trace the horizon line of the ground plane (cylinder actually),
> you come to a point where it, the far inside edge of the heel of the
> farther shoe, and the far top egde of the throat of the near shoe all
> intersect at the same point.  According to the norms of good composition
> this is a no no.  But I am not sure whether it adds or detracts to this
> picture or just doesn't matter.  Any opinions?

I think i see what you mean, and I think i see why it could detract. post a
variation and let us judge? It might be better to actually see most of the
heal of the back shoe. how are shoes normally displayed, at angles to each
other instead of parallel?

i'm no art theorist, but i'm always interested in composition theories. some
of the compositional ideas artists used in classical painting is pretty
cool.