POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sparky (for Dave VanHorn) : Re: Sparky (for Dave VanHorn) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sparky (for Dave VanHorn)
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 20 May 2004 10:37:56
Message: <40acc2c4$1@news.povray.org>
"Ger" <ger### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> A quick and dirty try to get the spark to emit light.
>
> I tightened the spark and added a bunch of lights to it.
> The cylinders in the background are just to give an idea about the
shadowing
> on the back wall.
>
> You may have to play with the "Spark_Light" settings to get the effects
you
> want.

Very nice!  I had to scale it to inches, and I think then the translate
needs to be "Count * Inch" but it looks good. I've put it in a test scene
with the large discharge spark as you saw, plus 20 switching sparks, which I
limited to 5 lights since they are small, and not so detailed anyway.

It's going to be a while, I'll post the image when it's done baking.