POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old Menger at level 5 : Re: Old Menger at level 5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Menger at level 5
From: Ben T  Scheele
Date: 20 May 2004 00:13:33
Message: <40ac306d$1@news.povray.org>
Now that's what I'm talking about!  Way to go J.  :-)  Now it really
looks like something one could explore.  It might be neat to view this
from the perspective of archaeologists investigating a giant monolith.
Or in this case, a megalith.
    You can actually get interesting properties by applying the texture
to each element in something like that, but it does add some time to the
computation.  In this attached scene I applied a marble texture to each
sphere in the surface, and it turned out to give it a bit of an
iridescent look.

-Ben

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'SinWave 4 rerender.jpg' (13 KB)

Preview of image 'SinWave 4 rerender.jpg'
SinWave 4 rerender.jpg