POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisty Wires and long sparks. : Re: Twisty Wires and long sparks. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisty Wires and long sparks.
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 17 May 2004 00:58:16
Message: <40a84668$1@news.povray.org>
You want a or some electric sparks going from one knob to the other,
you can use some emissive media with a good amount of turbulence. Have a
sharp color_map blue-white in the middle, clear everywhere else,
turbulent cylindrical pattern, add some other small dimer tighter media
to do some forking. Render using radiosity and the sparks will light up
your cene.

  Ok, I got this far, but I get an error when I run: Attempt to malloc
zero size block

  #declare Spark1 = object { sphere_sweep { b_spline,
                                            3, //NUM_OF_SPHERES,
                                            <-0.5, 0.0, 0.0>, 0.001
//CENTER, RADIUS,
                                            < 0.0, 0.5, 0.5>, 0.01
                                            < 0.5, 0.0, 0.0>, 0.001
                                          }
                             scale <(1 * Inch), (1 * Inch), (1 * Inch)>
                           }

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (3 KB)