POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cobbled street (three images) : Re: Cobbled street (three images) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cobbled street (three images)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 May 2004 03:09:46
Message: <40a5c23a$1@news.povray.org>
"stephen parkinson" <ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> schreef in bericht
> just playing, can you try pattern 2, R=0.333, Crack=0.03
>
> result looks slightly weird ? i was sort of expecting a brick wall
> laid out flat
>
> have you any suggested ranges for the various values ?

I have not really worked out a range of values. It is trial and error I
guess. In your example, the main culprit is Crack which draws the stones
apart. In combination with the size of the stones (determined by N), the
result will be more or less acceptable. In any case, keep Crack fairly low.
There are, obviously, some draw backs to the method I used <sigh>, but
overall, avoiding weird cases, works pretty well.

Thomas