POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stones [2 jpegs@17.1kb] : Re: stones [2 jpegs@17.1kb] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stones [2 jpegs@17.1kb]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 14 May 2004 14:15:46
Message: <40a50cd2@news.povray.org>
> i was surprised that the result now looks much different then before.
> new one casts shadows like in old scenes. but now it looks more
> blurred and washed. my aim was to create robust stones with tight
> edges.

Are you using different lightsources, ambient lighting, how about
assumed_gamma in global_settings? These may all be a factor. Then, is the
former code from an earlier POV-Ray, e.g. 3.5? The Noise-Generators and some
other stuff got changed from 3.5 to 3.6, so some textures will look
different.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>