POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Checkered plane under reflective sphere (~80KB jpeg) : Checkered plane under reflective sphere (~80KB jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Checkered plane under reflective sphere (~80KB jpeg)
From: Alex Kluchikov
Date: 12 May 2004 05:24:42
Message: <40a1ed5a@news.povray.org>
Hm... Don't I have an imagination? There are a great deal, a MEGA lot of
reflective spheres on checkered planes here! But I can not keep myself off
posting another one. :)
  Now some words about the scene. The sphere is just a sphere and the plane
is just plane. 3 slightly colored lights and environment sphere are common
for all scenes I made.
  The real trick is plane texture. I found out a way to create checker bump.
It is multiplication of 2 perpendicular sines (sin(x)*sin(z)), powered and
normalized into range of (0, 1). This pattern looks like blurred checker and
appears to be very suitable for bumping. If you want more detailed
description, I'll post the source.
  I'll be glad to receive comments.
  By the way, I'm going to move to another city, Kiev, about 1000 km far
from mine. I was suggested to become a game developer. I Hope, I will find
time to create scenes and to post them here. Wish me good luck, please.
  Sincerely Yours,
  Alex Kluchikov.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: