POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another RSOACP : Re: Another RSOACP Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another RSOACP
From: andrel
Date: 28 Jun 2004 16:37:44
Message: <40E081B8.6070909@hotmail.com>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> andrel wrote:
>
>> I though about that also, and decided that I could not do it.
>> You can not just take somebody else's images and put them on
>> another web site. It could be in the form of a digest like
>> thing on the pov ray site though. On the other hand, they would
>> have to spend some time on it and their time may be scarce.
>> Can anyone solve this problem?
>

> Hm. I didn't think about the IP issues, but, yes, you're right. Though--
>  It's such a tantalizing idea, would make for a neat page...
IMHO it should be done, especially as the rest of the world uses
this cliche to refer to us. I checked the website if it was perhaps
already there, but it wasn't yet :( I think in the community page
would be a nice spot.

 > Maintenence would be a bit of a problem.

It sure would, there are too many of them to be on one page, so
they have to be organized, possibly in more than one way.

> .... I have another idea, however. Those that want their
> "classic-cliche" image featured could always submit it to the website.

perhaps you could ask the web team if you can join them and do
this as your special interest?