POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) : Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:33:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 26 Jun 2004 12:54:25
Message: <40DDA9DA.3060101@hotmail.com>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> This reminds me of my Glare-Include I've written a while ago. What I did was
> to render the scene with Black-Textures and Specular-Highlights only, then
> calculate the position for the Glare-Image in-scene. Using average-pattern,
> I blurred the image a little and thus got me the glaring effect.

That would be perfect for ocean scenes and rolex scenes :) I can't
imagine lining the image up 'in scene' though... sounds very difficult.
Can you post a link to an example of your technique?

> Do you use the colored output of your image as input for the blooming
> effect?

Yes. I have to first place the #declared image_map inside a
pigment_pattern block, which makes it grayscale. With that map I am able
to make the darks parts transparent and the light parts colored with my
original image_map. I blur the result over a plane with the original
image_map, untouched. I am thinking of releasing the code, but it has to
be cleaned up quite a bit.

-Sam