POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Four Views (4 jpegs, 132k total) : the sun's corona (64kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  the sun's corona (64kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 15 May 2004 18:09:01
Message: <40A69484.8040003@hotmail.com>
miyoken wrote:

> I like the first.

Thanks.

>>A cylinder connects
>>the camera to the light_source to make the sun form a corona.
>>

> I do not understand this meaning well.
>
> What setup is the color of the sky?

Miyoken,

There is a way I have been making light_sources visible in POV-Ray for
quite some time now. The attached image shows such a visible light_source.

This is achieved by placing one end of a cylinder to the camera's
location, and the other end to the light_source (roughly 100,000 units
away). It is given specular and phong settings to show the effects of
the light_source on the geometry of the tube.

To fill in the sky, I use a basic fog and background color.

I have attached the scene code to the sunset image posted here into
povray.binaries.scene-images.

-Samuel Benge

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: