POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Four Views (4 jpegs, 132k total) : Four Views (4 jpegs, 132k total) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Four Views (4 jpegs, 132k total)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 May 2004 21:24:17
Message: <40A2CDB5.6060301@hotmail.com>
Hello everyone! I haven't posted here for a while, so I thought I'd
contribute *something*. I've been working on this scene for a couple of
days now. It began as an attempt to make a landscape which looks good
from whichever angle you view it.

The jpeg quality for these images is low, I'll admit. No post-processing
was used, except for converting from tga to jpeg. I used less than 20%
jpeg smoothing. The camera is looking to the front, right, back and left
starting with image number one.

The whole scene is composed of scattered height_fields, a bunch of
spheres with spherical media, and one ground plane. A cylinder connects
the camera to the light_source to make the sun form a corona.

Average render time: about six minutes.

Questions and comments are always welcome!

-Samuel Benge

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'desert_1.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'desert_2.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'desert_3.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'desert_4.jpg' (33 KB)

Preview of image 'desert_1.jpg'
desert_1.jpg

Preview of image 'desert_2.jpg'
desert_2.jpg