POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Collage Theorem Demo (35k, 50k, 35k) : Re: Collage Theorem Demo (35k, 50k, 35k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Collage Theorem Demo (35k, 50k, 35k)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 9 May 2004 16:27:47
Message: <409e9443$1@news.povray.org>
Andrew C on Mozilla wrote:

> As with everything in Java, doing the program
> is easy, making the output *visible* is almost impossible! Displaying
> text, drawing dots... Java makes these things ridiculusly difficult.

That's a shame.  Do you know of any framework (platform specific is
fine) that makes it easy to write clickable graphic applications?  I
used to love the old Macintosh Pascal, because you basically said
something like "open window" "get mouse location" "draw line" -- things
I can understand.

> Personally, when I do 3D IFS it tends to be 2D ones, tweaked slightly to
> use the extra dimension. Otherwise you seem to just get clouds of stuff
> which isn't all that interesting. (Having said that, it's not something
> I've had the pleasure of playing with all that much as yet.)

That's been my experience, also.  I'm attaching an IFS that I didn't use
in Paul Bourke's Fractal contest, since it was just a spiral IFS "pushed
up" a bit.  I'm hoping that if I can visualize them better, I'll be able
to make them better.  We'll see.

Dave Matthews

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: