POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Collage Theorem Demo (35k, 50k, 35k) : Collage Theorem Demo (35k, 50k, 35k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Collage Theorem Demo (35k, 50k, 35k)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 9 May 2004 14:29:12
Message: <409e7878@news.povray.org>
Back in the days when it was easy to write interactive applications, I
made a demonstration (as a Hypercard stack, and in Macintosh Pascal for
the 512K Mac) that allowed the user to click on points to make a source
triangle, and any number of destination triangles, to create an Iterated
Function System.  It also output the coefficients for the affine
transformations.  This was a great way to get to understand the "collage
theorem" (see Barnsley's "Fractals Everywhere" book, among many others.)
  Now I suppose that if I want to do the same thing again, I'll have to
learn JAVA.

In the meantime, using POVRay, one can manually enter the values for the
vertices of the triangles.  If anyone wants the code, I'll post it.

Dave Matthews

(With some work, perhaps I can use the IFS below for my "sig")

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'collage01.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'collage02.jpg' (50 KB) Download 'collage03.jpg' (35 KB)

Preview of image 'collage01.jpg'
collage01.jpg

Preview of image 'collage02.jpg'
collage02.jpg